MEC # 2 Birds Hill Park Race

MEC # 2 Birds Hill Park Race
MEC #2 Birds Hill Park 2017 3rd Overall After A Sprint Finish!

Monday, September 17, 2012

Pinetree Classic Results & Some Updates

The Pinetree results have been posted, and I was 30 of 44 overall, 3 of 5 in my age group, with a time of 35:02. All the results for the whole meet are here:
 
Here's a report from my friend Barb Sousa about the race she ran with her 10 year old daughter Breanne (they spelled it Brianne in the results) in Winnipeg on August 30. Looks like she has a budding star on her hands!
 
Big hello Gord
Results are in for the twilight run. HERE
Breanne went to race and I went to run. Breanne took off like a bat out of hell, I tried to hold her back but I soon lost sight of her.
 
I thought for sure that she would lose steam and I would find her walking somewhere along the course. How wrong I was, her time was 30:17. There were only 2 kids besides Bre 1 girl age 12 and one boy around 8 or 9.
 
Gord  she has only been running for a little more than a month  With a little training she could be really really good. What more is that I think she's hooked, she loved the race. http://www.fortwhyte.org/twilightrun
 
Barb
 
Found a group photo of some of the runners at Walk In The Park. The bald guy beaming (pun intended) on the right of me is Ward Beemer, and in front of me crouching is ultrarunner extraordinaire Mel Bos. I stood behind her in the hope that by being so close to greatness some of it might rub off on me.
 
 

Photo of Ward & myself after we finished the 10K race at the 2010 Boundary Bay Marathon.


 
And finally here's some pics from the Coho Run:
 

No comments: